The History and Flora of Enderlin Forest, A Mixed Coniferous Plantation in Southeastern Ohio

Loading...
Thumbnail Image

Date

1968-05

Journal Title

Journal ISSN

Volume Title

Publisher

Research Projects

Organizational Units

Journal Issue

Abstract

Enderlin Forest is an unmanaged conifer plantation in Athens County, Ohio. Established in 1906 by Colonel Richard Enderlin and Mr. Melvin H. Doolittle, the remaining 56-60 acre section of the plantation, now owned by the Mead Corporation, contains a mosaic of conifer and mixed conifer and deciduous plantings. The flora of the forest includes species characteristic of coniferous forests. A total of 197 species of vascular plants were collected, identified, and deposited in the Bartley Herbarium of Ohio University during a 1964-65 ecological study of the forest.

Description

Author Institution: Department of Botany, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio

Keywords

Citation

The Ohio Journal of Science. v68 n3 (May, 1968), 163-168