Seventy Years of Phycology at The Ohio State University
Phycology at The Ohio State University had its conception with a Proposed Algological Survey of Ohio by Professor William A. Kellerman in 1902. Seventy years of teaching and research in phycology, and the faculty who have contributed to the program since Professor Kellerman's proposal, are reviewed. This includes the chronological sequence of this development at The Ohio State University, from a Botany Department speciality to an interdisciplinary program. Masters and doctoral degrees granted in phycology are listed, as are the bibliographies that pertain to algae of the phycology faculty for the years from 1902 to 1972 inclusive.
Author Institution: Department of Botany, 1735 Neil Avenue, The Ohio State University
The Ohio Journal of Science. v73, n2 (March, 1973), 103-110