Derby Hall

Thumbnail Image



Journal Title

Journal ISSN

Volume Title


The Ohio State University

Research Projects

Organizational Units

Journal Issue


Derby Hall is located at 154 North Oval Mall. The address of this building was changed in June, 1975 from 154 North Oval Drive to 154 North Oval Mall. This structure was officially named "Derby Hall" by the Board of Trustees on August 8, 1929, in memory of Samuel Carroll Derby. The structure has also been known as the Chemical Building, the Chemistry Building, Chemistry Building No. 3, the Old Chemistry Building, the Chemical Store Room, the Stores Building, the Fireproof Chemical Store Room, the Storeroom, the Liberal Arts Building, the Language Building, the New Language Building, the English Building, Chemistry Hall, and Samuel C. Derby Hall.


Entry created by John H. Herrick August 25, 1972.
John H. Herrick Archives: Documenting Structures at The Ohio State University
The University Archives has determined that this item is of continuing value to OSU's history.