The History and Flora of Enderlin Forest, A Mixed Coniferous Plantation in Southeastern Ohio
MetadataShow full item record
Citation:The Ohio Journal of Science. v68 n3 (May, 1968), 163-168
Enderlin Forest is an unmanaged conifer plantation in Athens County, Ohio. Established in 1906 by Colonel Richard Enderlin and Mr. Melvin H. Doolittle, the remaining 56-60 acre section of the plantation, now owned by the Mead Corporation, contains a mosaic of conifer and mixed conifer and deciduous plantings. The flora of the forest includes species characteristic of coniferous forests. A total of 197 species of vascular plants were collected, identified, and deposited in the Bartley Herbarium of Ohio University during a 1964-65 ecological study of the forest.
Author Institution: Department of Botany, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
Rights:Reproduction of articles for non-commercial educational or research use granted without request if credit to The Ohio State University and The Ohio Academy of Science is given.
Items in Knowledge Bank are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.