Show simple item record

dc.creatorDexter, Ralph W.en_US
dc.date.accessioned2005-10-01T01:17:06Z
dc.date.available2005-10-01T01:17:06Z
dc.date.issued1966-05en_US
dc.identifier.citationThe Ohio Journal of Science. v66 n3 (May, 1966), 229-232en_US
dc.identifier.issn0030-0950en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1811/5166
dc.descriptionAuthor Institution: Kent State University, Kent, Ohioen_US
dc.description.abstractThe physical sciences in the program of the Ohio Academy of Science were represented only sporadically from the time of founding in 1891 until 1912. Concern for physical science was largely represented by the study of physical phenomena observed by field naturalists. A Section of Physics was organized in 1912, renamed Section of Physical Science in 1924, and reorganized as the Section of Physics and Astronomy in 1934 when a Section of Chemistry met for the first time. A Section of Mathematics was founded in 1938, and following continual decline was dissolved in 1954, but it was revived in 1965.en_US
dc.format.extent429618 bytes
dc.format.mimetypeapplication/pdf
dc.language.isoen_US
dc.rightsReproduction of articles for non-commercial educational or research use granted without request if credit to The Ohio State University and The Ohio Academy of Science is given.en_US
dc.titleOrigin of the Physical Science Sections of the Ohio Academy of Scienceen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

Items in Knowledge Bank are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record