Origin of the Physical Science Sections of the Ohio Academy of Science
Creators:Dexter, Ralph W.
MetadataShow full item record
Citation:The Ohio Journal of Science. v66 n3 (May, 1966), 229-232
The physical sciences in the program of the Ohio Academy of Science were represented only sporadically from the time of founding in 1891 until 1912. Concern for physical science was largely represented by the study of physical phenomena observed by field naturalists. A Section of Physics was organized in 1912, renamed Section of Physical Science in 1924, and reorganized as the Section of Physics and Astronomy in 1934 when a Section of Chemistry met for the first time. A Section of Mathematics was founded in 1938, and following continual decline was dissolved in 1954, but it was revived in 1965.
Author Institution: Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
Rights:Reproduction of articles for non-commercial educational or research use granted without request if credit to The Ohio State University and The Ohio Academy of Science is given.
Items in Knowledge Bank are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.