James L. Murphy, "Lowry Coffeepot Discovered in Illinois-- But Which Lowry?" Roseville Legend, Fall 2003, 1, 5.
An earthenware coffeepot marked with an embossed punctate or cellular border around the base and the words"Trade-mark Registered Deutschland Acid Proof Fire Clay," is attributed to the Roseville, Ohio, cooking ware pottery operated by William B. Lowry and his son, Frederick S. Lowry, ca. 1880-1918. The embossed pattern matches a design patented by F. S. Lowry in 1903. The question is complicated, however, by the discovery of matching sherds found at the site of the Lyman Lowry Pottery on the east side of Roseville.