Show simple item record

dc.creatorHerrick, John H.
dc.identifier.otherHerrick ID: 025
dc.descriptionEntry created by John H. Herrick August 25, 1972.en
dc.descriptionJohn H. Herrick Archives: Documenting Structures at The Ohio State Universityen
dc.descriptionThe University Archives has determined that this item is of continuing value to OSU's history.en
dc.description.abstractDerby Hall is located at 154 North Oval Mall. The address of this building was changed in June, 1975 from 154 North Oval Drive to 154 North Oval Mall. This structure was officially named "Derby Hall" by the Board of Trustees on August 8, 1929, in memory of Samuel Carroll Derby. The structure has also been known as the Chemical Building, the Chemistry Building, Chemistry Building No. 3, the Old Chemistry Building, the Chemical Store Room, the Stores Building, the Fireproof Chemical Store Room, the Storeroom, the Liberal Arts Building, the Language Building, the New Language Building, the English Building, Chemistry Hall, and Samuel C. Derby Hall.en
dc.format.extent264561 bytes
dc.format.extent123668 bytes
dc.publisherThe Ohio State Universityen
dc.relationThe University Archives has photographs of this building: (Aerial view, 1913); (Chemistry class, 1907); (Exterior detail, 1979); (Exterior view from northwest, 1909); (Exterior view from southeast, 1906); (Exterior view from southwest, Year Unknown)en
dc.rightsThis object may be copyright-protected. Permission to reuse, publish or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of fair use must be obtained from the object publisher or copyright holder.en
dc.titleDerby Hallen

Files in this item


Items in Knowledge Bank are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record