Outreach and Engagement
The collaboration between institutions of higher education and their larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of partnership and reciprocity.
As an engaged University, we are dedicated to:
- Integrating meaningful partnerships as a framework for engagement to promote a university-wide culture of engaged scholarship and collaboration;
- Fostering a climate of trust, respect, transparency and inclusivity that deepens meaningful partnerships among the university and its communities;
- Providing an environment that invites students, faculty, and staff to examine diverse issues with their community partners;
- Enhancing the institution’s academic excellence by recognizing engaged scholarship in the promotion and tenure process and in faculty and staff annual reviews;
- Providing students with community-engaged experiences that will enable them, as alumni, to be engaged citizens;
- Advancing community-engaged, interdisciplinary research that is crucial to solve the compelling challenges of the 21st century.
To learn more, visit the Outreach and Engagement website at engage.osu.edu.