OSU Navigation Bar

The Ohio State University University Libraries Knowledge Bank

The History and Flora of Enderlin Forest, A Mixed Coniferous Plantation in Southeastern Ohio

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/5389

Show full item record

Files Size Format View
V68N03_163.pdf 437.6Kb PDF View/Open

Title: The History and Flora of Enderlin Forest, A Mixed Coniferous Plantation in Southeastern Ohio
Creators: Butala, James R.; Wistendahl, Warren A.
Issue Date: 1968-05
Citation: The Ohio Journal of Science. v68 n3 (May, 1968), 163-168
Abstract: Enderlin Forest is an unmanaged conifer plantation in Athens County, Ohio. Established in 1906 by Colonel Richard Enderlin and Mr. Melvin H. Doolittle, the remaining 56-60 acre section of the plantation, now owned by the Mead Corporation, contains a mosaic of conifer and mixed conifer and deciduous plantings. The flora of the forest includes species characteristic of coniferous forests. A total of 197 species of vascular plants were collected, identified, and deposited in the Bartley Herbarium of Ohio University during a 1964-65 ecological study of the forest.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/5389
ISSN: 0030-0950
Rights: Reproduction of articles for non-commercial educational or research use granted without request if credit to The Ohio State University and The Ohio Academy of Science is given.
Bookmark and Share