Origin of the Natural Science Sections of the Ohio Academy of Science

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/5165

Show simple item record

Files Size Format View
V66N03_225.pdf 402.7Kb PDF View/Open

dc.creator Dexter, Ralph W. en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2005-10-01T01:17:00Z
dc.date.available 2005-10-01T01:17:00Z
dc.date.issued 1966-05 en_US
dc.identifier.citation The Ohio Journal of Science. v66 n3 (May, 1966), 225-228 en_US
dc.identifier.issn 0030-0950 en_US
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/1811/5165
dc.description Author Institution: Kent State University, Kent, Ohio en_US
dc.description.abstract The Ohio Academy of Science was organized 31 December 1891 and was incorporated 12 March 1892, with 59 charter members. In the first decade, plans were developed for a Natural History Survey and a Topographic Survey of Ohio. In 1908, provision was made for separate sections of the Academy and, the following year, the first three—Zoology, Botany, and Geology—were created. A selected list of members active in these three sections is given for the first three decades. en_US
dc.format.extent 412391 bytes
dc.format.mimetype application/pdf
dc.language.iso en_US
dc.rights Reproduction of articles for non-commercial educational or research use granted without request if credit to The Ohio State University and The Ohio Academy of Science is given. en_US
dc.title Origin of the Natural Science Sections of the Ohio Academy of Science en_US