OSU Navigation Bar

The Ohio State University University Libraries Knowledge Bank

Church of the Theotokos of Ljeviška (Bogorodica Ljeviška) -- St. Theodosia (Sv. Teodosija)

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/41011

Show full item record

 
Title: Church of the Theotokos of Ljeviška (Bogorodica Ljeviška) -- St. Theodosia (Sv. Teodosija)
Creators: Yugotours; Enich, Steven
Issue Date: 1986
Publisher: Ohio State University. Libraries
Description: Prizren
Prizren's cathedral "Dormition of the Theotokos" -- built by King Stefan Uroš II Milutin (1306-1307)
converted to a mosque (before 1756)
restored as a church (after 1912).
This item comes from a region where place names vary historically and politically. We have used the Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names (TGN) as a source for controlled place names. (http://www.getty.edu/research/conducting_research/vocabularies/tgn/)
The exact date of this image is unknown. The date supplied is an approximation based on the date range of 1979-1994.
Place: Prizren, Kosovo
Related Item: The photographer's notes for this item can be accessed at: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37141
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/41011
Rights: Copyright Hilandar Research Library. These images may be downloaded for private or academic use. For other use, please contact the Hilandar Research Library (hilandar@osu.edu). Fair use and other exemptions to copyright apply.
Bookmark and Share
Files Size Format View
HIL_ENICH_FMS_2_52.jpg 473.7Kb JPEG image Thumbnail of Church of the Theotokos of Ljeviška (Bogorodica Ljeviška) -- St. Theodosia (Sv. Teodosija)