OSU Navigation Bar

The Ohio State University University Libraries Knowledge Bank

Gospojna Ljeviška (Church of the Theotokos of Ljeviška)

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/40788

Show full item record

 
Title: Gospojna Ljeviška (Church of the Theotokos of Ljeviška)
Creators: Enich, Steven
Issue Date: 1979-05-01
Publisher: Ohio State University. Libraries
Description: Prizren
Prizren's cathedral "Dormition of the Theotokos" (1306-1307) was built by King Stefan Uroš II Milutin (ruled 1282-1321). Converted to a mosque before 1756, it was restored as a church after 1912.
This item comes from a region where place names vary historically and politically. We have used the Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names (TGN) as a source for controlled place names. (http://www.getty.edu/research/conducting_research/vocabularies/tgn/)
Place: Prizren, Kosovo
Related Item: The photographer's notes for this item can be accessed at: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37201
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/40788
Rights: Copyright Hilandar Research Library. These images may be downloaded for private or academic use. For other use, please contact the Hilandar Research Library (hilandar@osu.edu). Fair use and other exemptions to copyright apply.
Bookmark and Share
Files Size Format View
HIL_ENICH_VID_1_14.jpg 298.2Kb JPEG image Thumbnail of Gospojna Ljeviška (Church of the Theotokos of Ljeviška)