OSU Navigation Bar

The Ohio State University University Libraries Knowledge Bank

Lazarica Church (Nativity of the Theotokos)

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/40764

Show full item record

 
Title: Lazarica Church (Nativity of the Theotokos)
Creators: Enich, Steven
Issue Date: 1988-04-01
Publisher: Ohio State University. Libraries
Description: Kruševac
This church, built by Prince Lazar, was first consecrated to St. Stefan the Martyr (1373). The earliest note of its present name ("The Birth of the Theotokos") is on the church bell donated by Karađorđe Petrović in 1812.
This item comes from a region where place names vary historically and politically. We have used the Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names (TGN) as a source for controlled place names. (http://www.getty.edu/research/conducting_research/vocabularies/tgn/)
Place: Kruševac
Related Item: The photographer's notes for this item can be accessed at: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37202
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/40764
Rights: Copyright Hilandar Research Library. These images may be downloaded for private or academic use. For other use, please contact the Hilandar Research Library (hilandar@osu.edu). Fair use and other exemptions to copyright apply.
Bookmark and Share
Files Size Format View
HIL_ENICH_VID_2_06.jpg 299.5Kb JPEG image Thumbnail of Lazarica Church (Nativity of the Theotokos)