Raney Commons

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/38650

Show full item record

Files Size Format View
Herrick_Raney_Commons.pdf 70.44Kb PDF View/Open

Title: Raney Commons
Creators: Herrick, John H.
Description: Entry created by John H. Herrick July 17, 1972
John H. Herrick Archives: Documenting Structures at The Ohio State University
The University Archives has determined that this item is of continuing value to OSU's history.
Issue Date: 2009-08-06
Publisher: The Ohio State University
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/38650
Abstract: Raney Commons is located at 47 Curl Drive. Officially named "Raney Commons" by Board of Trustees on September 14, 1965, in memory of Alice R. Raney. Built under architect's project number 6419. Name on drawings is "Dining Facility Northeast." The address of this building during construction was 47 West Lane Avenue. Inspection of old campus maps reveals the following additional names for this building: "East Dining Facility" and "Northeast Dining Facility". This building is now carried in Campus Planning records as 2nd Lt. Alice R. Raney Commons. The official name remains "Raney Commons."
Rights: This object may be copyright-protected. Permission to reuse, publish or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of fair use must be obtained from the object publisher or copyright holder.
Bookmark and Share