OSU Navigation Bar

The Ohio State University University Libraries Knowledge Bank

University Hospital

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/24584

Show full item record

Files Size Format View
Herrick_University_Hospital.pdf 249.4Kb PDF View/Open

Title: University Hospital
Creators: Herrick, John H.
Description: Entry created by John H. Herrick October 4, 1977.
John H. Herrick Archives: Documenting Structures at The Ohio State University
The University Archives has determined that this item is of continuing value to OSU's history.
Issue Date: 2007-02-15
Publisher: The Ohio State University
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/24584
Related Item: The University Archives has photographs of this building: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37765 (Aerial view, year unknown); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37771 (Aerial view, year unknown); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37775 (Aerial view, year unknown); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37781 (Aerial view, year unknown); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37823 (Aerial view, 1965); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37763 (Construction view, 1976); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37764 (Construction view, 1976); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37772 (Exterior view, 1951); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37777 (Exterior view, year unknown); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37779 (Exterior view, 1959); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37780 (Exterior view, year unknown); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37812 (Exterior view, 1979); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37773 (Interior view, 1968); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37783 (Interior view of atrium, 1981); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37774 (Interior view of cafeteria, 1951); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37770 (Interior view of kitchen, 1951); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37776 (Interior view of lobby, 1951); http://hdl.handle.net/1811/37782 (Med Vac helicopter, 1979)
Abstract: The original address of the University Hospital was 410 West 10th Avenue. It is now assigned the address 450 West Tenth Avenue. The original unit was officially named "University Hospital" by the Board of Trustees on July 14, 1961. The entire complex, which includes numerous additions to the original unit, was officially named "James A. Rhodes Hall—University Hospital" by the Board of Trustees on July 9, 1976. It is also known as the Medical Health Center.
Rights: This object may be copyright-protected. Permission to reuse, publish or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of fair use must be obtained from the object publisher or copyright holder.
Bookmark and Share