OSU Navigation Bar

The Ohio State University University Libraries Knowledge Bank

100 Years of Changes in Ohio Peatlands

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1811/23525

Show simple item record

Files Size Format View
V092N5_130.pdf 678.4Kb PDF View/Open

dc.creator Andreas, Barbara K. en_US
dc.creator Knoop, Jeffrey D. en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2006-07-07T18:03:38Z
dc.date.available 2006-07-07T18:03:38Z
dc.date.issued 1992-12 en_US
dc.identifier.citation The Ohio Journal of Science. v92, n5 (December, 1992), 130-138 en_US
dc.identifier.issn 0030-0950 en_US
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/1811/23525
dc.description Author Institution: Division of Natural Sciences, Cuyahoga Community College and Department of Biological Sciences, Kent State University; and Ohio Chapter, The Nature Conservancy en_US
dc.description.abstract Identified from field, herbarium, and literature surveys, 125 Ohio peatlands, that once covered 32,198 ha in 1900, were re-located and surveyed. In 1991, 2% of these peatlands continued to support typical peatland flora. Of the 98% that have been destroyed, conversion of peatlands to agricultural production (27,478 ha) was the major factor in causing peatland loss. en_US
dc.format.extent 694750 bytes
dc.format.mimetype application/pdf
dc.language.iso en_US
dc.title 100 Years of Changes in Ohio Peatlands en_US